Guardianship and Protective Placement for the Elderly in Wisconsin
236+ pp.; 4th ed. 2015
More and more people are outliving their ability to manage their own care and assets
When voluntary methods of caring for an elderly person fail, it may be necessary to consider a guardianship. And if that’s not sufficient to protect the elderly person, protective services or protective placement must also be considered. But if you haven’t used these strategies very often, where do you turn for guidance?
Your comprehensive guide
Guardianship and Protective Placement for the Elderly in Wisconsin is a thorough guide to law and practice under the guardianship and protective placement statutes, and it explains the basics in practical terms — with accompanying checklists where appropriate.
Stay current with the latest edition
The fourth edition discusses recent legislative, case law and administrative developments that have occurred since the third edition (published in 2012), including:
- A 2014 Wisconsin Court of Appeals ruling involving time limits for hearings in guardianship proceedings
- An unpublished decision by the Wisconsin Court of Appeals regarding end-of-life treatment matters for incompetent individuals not in a persistent vegetative state
- Temporary protective placement procedures under the Mental Health Act
Summary of contents
- Choosing the Proper Procedure
- Choosing a Guardian
- Role of the Petitioner's Attorney
- Role of the Guardian ad Litem and Advocacy Counsel
- Role of the Guardian
- Safeguards Under the Protective Service System
- Termination or Modification of a Guardianship or Protective Placement
- Emergency Procedures
- Additional Resources
- Miscellaneous Sample Forms (Non-Mandatory)
Care for those who can’t take care of themselves
Persons age 65 and older are the fastest growing segment of Wisconsin’s population, which means there are more people every day who may be in need of protection. Sharpen your skills in this vital area with Guardianship and Protective Placement for the Elderly in Wisconsin.
Order your copy today!