130+ pp; 3rd ed. 2014-15
Get a guide to governmental tort litigation
Let this volume be your guide to the world of governmental tort litigation. It will enable you to:
- Identify sovereign immunity, governmental immunity, and discretionary immunity
- Learn to distinguish between absolute immunity and qualified immunity
- Never again be caught unaware by the notice requirements that are prerequisite to filing suit against the state
- No longer be lost when venturing into the realm of claims against the federal government
Written by seasoned governmental law practitioners
The Wisconsin Governmental Claims and Immunities Handbook is the first book to compile all the relevant governmental immunity statutes, both state and federal, in one handy resource. It includes chapters on all types of immunity, notice procedures, and the Federal Tort Claims Act. The Handbook’s thorough Table of Cases, Table of Statutes, and index enhance its usefulness.
Stay current with the most recent updates
The third edition incorporates the information compiled in previous supplements and reflects legal developments since publication of the 2012 supplement. This edition has been revised to reflect updates in the statutory and case law. Citations to the Wisconsin Statutes have been updated to reflect legislation through 2013 Wisconsin Act 380, and citations to the United States Code have been updated to reflect legislation through Public Law No. 113-185.
In addition, discussions have been updated to reflect recent appellate court decisions on topics including:
- Prosecutorial immunity
- Damages caps
- Classification of the actions of governmental employees as discretionary or ministerial
- Recreational immunity
Your essential resource
Required reading for both plaintiff’s attorneys and government attorneys alike, the Wisconsin Governmental Claims and Immunities Handbook is an essential resource for anyone dealing with a claim against a governmental entity.
Order your copy today!
Government Lawyers Division members please call Customer Service at (800) 728-7788 to place your order and receive your 15% discount.