852+ pp.; 5th ed. 2016
Steer around pitfalls in traffic cases and head straight for solutions
With the passage of revised OWI laws in Wisconsin, the timing couldn’t have been better for the release of the fourth edition of Traffic Law and Practice. With its timely guidance, you’ll know where your case is headed and how to reach a favorable destination.
Be better prepared for the road ahead
To help speed up your preparation, Traffic Law takes a practical approach to the technical and complex aspects of traffic law. You’ll find useful guidance in clear and easy-to-understand language that emphasizes solutions for resolving traffic cases.
Have experience riding with you
Whether you’re trying your first traffic case or your 10,000th, you’ll be more confident with the first-hand knowledge Traffic Law offers on how traffic courts interpret and enforce the law — provided by experienced Wisconsin judges, renowned defense attorneys, and top Department of Transportation officials.
New 5th edition
Find the latest statutory and case law changes in the newly-revised 5th edition of Traffic Law and Practice in Wisconsin, including:
- A statutory limit of liability for parent or adult sponsors
- Tips for reading a driving record to determine if a client is in point trouble
- Updated discussion of the inattentive driving statute
- Amended statutes related to ignition-interlock devices that are effective October 2, 2016
- New sections on challenging reasonable suspicion to request field sobriety tests and challenging probable cause to request a preliminary breath test during a traffic stop
Summary of contents
- Wisconsin's Driver Licensing System
- Traffic Offenses Involving the Driving Privilege
- Commercial Driver Licensing
- Common Moving Traffic Violations
- Statutory Procedures for Traffic Cases
- Wisconsin's Impaired Driving Offenses
- Implied Consent and Chemical Tests for Intoxication
- The Defense of Alcohol-Related Driving Offenses
Information on traffic safety school
- Blood-alcohol charts
- Information on breath and field sobriety tests
- OWI arrest forms
- And much more!
Make success your destination
Arrive at the best outcomes for your clients with the guidance you’ll find in Traffic Law and Practice in Wisconsin.
Order your copy today.