1919+ pp.; 4th ed. 2010
Find your way through the intricate issues surrounding marriage and property
Before you venture into the complex questions surrounding marital property issues, you need a guide to help answer questions like the following:
- What is considered marital property?
- When does something become marital property?
- What if a single asset (e.g., a house) was purchased partially with nonmarital property funds and partially with marital property funds?
- What effect does marital property law have on property division at divorce?
Save hours of valuable time
Consider Marital Property Law in Wisconsin your guide in this often-complicated world. From determining property ownership and filing for bankruptcy, to planning estates and giving advice on tax issues, Marital Property will deliver the answers you need in an organized, time-saving manner.
Get the tools you need
In this three-volume set, you’ll find the thorough explanations you need covering the basic principles of property classification, management, and control. You’ll also have the only complete analysis of Wisconsin’s Marital Property Act and subsequent trailer legislation. In addition, you’ll be equipped with sample forms for drafting marital agreements, plus links to helpful tax publications, committee notes, and other legislative materials.
Completely revised for 2010
Summary of contents
- Introduction; History; Basic Principles; and Constitutionality
- Classification of Property
- Mixing and Tracing
- Management and Control of Property During Marriage
- Obtaining and Granting Credit
- Debtors' and Creditors' Rights and Remedies
- Marriage Agreements
- Interspousal and Other Remedies
- Income and Transfer Taxes
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Estate Administration and Nonprobate Transfers
- Conflict of Laws
- Ethical Considerations
- The Uniform Marital Property Act with Comments
- Major Legislation Affecting Wisconsin Marital Property Act
Blaze a trail to solutions
You won’t be daunted by complex issues when you have Marital Property Law in Wisconsin to guide you.
Order your copy today!