474+ pp.; 5th ed. 2014-15
(Includes 2016 supplement)
This popular handbook will teach you what you need to know to advise clients on using LLCs and LLPs in Wisconsin. The revised handbook reflects new developments such as the default pass-through tax treatment of LLCs and LLPs under the "check-the-box" regulations, the authorization of single-member LLCs (SMLLCs), and the rule permitting Wisconsin attorneys to use LLCs and LLPs in their practices. In addition, you'll find detailed discussions of the choice of an appropriate business entity, organization of the business, business formalities, and operational and tax issues.
An entire chapter of the handbook is devoted to annotated forms, including three operating agreements for LLCs, member agreements for SMLLCs, and a partnership agreement for an LLP.
Both the print and the Books UnBound versions include a complete set of fillable, unannotated forms via download.
Summary of contents
- Choice of Business Entity
- Organization and Formalities of LLCs
- Operational Issues of LLCs
- Tax Issues
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Limited Liability Entities for Lawyers and Other Professionals
Table of Statutes, Regulations, and Rules
Newly updated to keep you current
LLCs and LLPs: A Wisconsin Handbook has been updated to reflect recent legal developments. Included in the 2016 supplement are:
- A Primer on LLCs & Startups added as Appendix E
- A tax-planning tool allowing LLCs to engage in initial public offerings without converting to corporate form
- An updated table of individual state tax treatment of LLCs and registered LLPs
- IRS advice changing tax implications for investing partners when a partnership’s real estate financing document includes a “bad-boy guarantee”