500+ pp.; 3rd ed., 2010
(includes 2012-2013 supplement)
With the ongoing and far-reaching revision of Wisconsin juvenile law, this comprehensive handbook is an important resource for the juvenile law practitioner. Wisconsin Juvenile Law covers the provisions of both Wisconsin's Juvenile Justice Code (chapter 938) and the Children's Code (chapter 48).
You will find detailed and practical explanations of the key aspects of delinquency, CHIPS, JIPS, and UCHIPS proceedings, including the rights of the parties, the intake process, the filing of a petition, waiver of a juvenile into adult court, discovery, plea hearings, fact-finding hearings, dispositional hearings, and appeals. You will also find discussions of the termination of parental rights and parental consent for abortions.
Forms, charts, and author commentary supplement the book's thorough treatment of statutory and case law.
With your printed copy of Wisconsin Juvenile Law, you’ll receive a CD with the complete set of unannotated forms from the book. The Books UnBound® format gives you online access to the forms.
Stay current with the latest update
Summary of contents
- Rights of Children, Parents and Expectant Mothers
- Roles of the Parties in Juvenile Court
- Jurisdiction and Venue
- Physical Custody
- Intake Inquiry
- Filing of a Petition
- Plea Hearing
- Discovery and Other Motion Practice
- Fact-finding Hearing
- Dispositional Hearing
- Post-dispositional Proceedings
- Waiver into Adult Court
- Contempt and Juvenile Sanctions
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Parental Consent for Minor's Abortion
- Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
- Procedure Under Chapter 938
- Lists of Standard Juvenile Court Forms
- List of Chapter 48 Standard Juvenile Court Forms
- List of Chapter 938 Standard Juvenile Court Forms
- List of Indian Child Welfare Act Standard Juvenile Court Forms
- Forms Index
- Subject Index