Family Law Casenotes and Quotes
1,556+ pp., 4th edtion 2014-15
(includes March 2015 supplement)
Updated three times each year.
Expedite your research and make family law cases more understandable
To get the ultimate research tool for Wisconsin family law attorneys and judges, look no further. Family Law Casenotes and Quotes puts three volumes of critical information at your disposal — thoroughly indexed for fast retrieval.
Compiling family law cases published since the Divorce Reform Act of 1977 (and noteworthy, citable unpublished opinions issued after July I, 2009), Family Law Casenotes and Quotes tackles the many issues that commonly come up in family law cases. From abduction to paternity to visitation (and all areas in between), you’ll quickly get the information you need to bolster your case!
Each entry provides:
- The case’s name and full citation, including subsequent history
- The name of the trial court judge and the county in which the case was heard
- The name of the appellate judge who wrote the decision
- A concise statement of the case’s relevant facts, including procedural aspects
- The case’s important quotations and pinpoint citations for those quotations
- Bolded subject terms highlighting each case’s most important topics
Add it all together, and you get relevant information that’s easy to find. Not only does the book arrange the cases in the order in which they appear in the official Wisconsin case reporter volumes, but the index also alphabetizes the key subject terms that identify each case’s major topics. These major topics are then broken into subheadings, allowing you to pinpoint the information you need.
To keep you on top of the decisions that could affect your cases, Family Law Casenotes and Quotes is updated three times annually — ensuring you have up-to-date information and allowing you to structure your cases and arguments using the most recent decisions in your favor.
The Fourth Edition
The revised fourth edition (November 2014), completely replaces the third edition (published in November 2013 and updated through July 2014).
Additions to this fourth edition include:
- Five new casenotes which addressed:
- Property division
- Child support
- Domestic partnerships
The March 2015 supplement, includes 5 new casenotes and 1 revised casenote. New casenotes addressed issues such as:
- Modification of physical placement
- Child support
- Constructive trusts
The book’s index and tables have been updated to incorporate the new and revised casenotes.
Summary of contents
- Published Cases (1980-1994)
- Published Cases (1994-2008)
- Published Cases (2009-current)
- Unpublished Cases (2009-current)
- Other Cases
- Table of Judges
- Table of Cases
- Other References
- List of Main Headings
- Index to Casenotes
No family law attorney’s resource library is complete without this invaluable compilation!