811+ pp.; 5th ed. 2011
(includes 2013-2014 supplement)
Learn the nuts and bolts of more effective criminal defense
Whether you need advice on organizing your files, negotiating a plea bargain, or filing motions before trial, make the Wisconsin Criminal Defense Manual your guide. Whatever your level of experience, the Manual can help you advance your practice and obtain the best possible outcomes for your clients.
Find the right information — fast!
You’ll save time when searching for the right form, statute, or specific case by taking advantage of the Manual’s logical format. And when you integrate the Master Information List and Initial Interview Guide into your practice, the Manual will become one of your main criminal defense resources.
The Manual is designed to make you more efficient by giving you:
- Extensive overviews of the law
- Checklists for completing vital procedures accurately and completely
- Commentary and instructions for filing necessary forms
- A chapter on handling public defender cases
All the necessary forms
With your copy of the Manual, you will receive a complete set of forms available in Microsoft® Word or WordPerfect® format
Stay current with the latest version
A trusted resource
Reader surveys tell us that the Manual is one of the State Bar’s most valued resources. Join the many defense attorneys who rely on the Wisconsin Criminal Defense Manual for sound advice and guidance. Order your 2011 edition today!
Summary of contents
- Criminal Procedure Outline and Checklists
- Organizing the File
- Conducting the Initial Interview
- Analyzing the Case
- Bringing Pretrial Motions
- Negotiating a Plea
- Preparing for Trial
- Preparing for Sentencing
- Postconviction Proceedings
- Handling Public Defender Cases
- Wisconsin Administrative Code, State Public Defender Rules
- Truth in Sentencing II — Penalty Chart
- Pre-Sentence Investigation Recommendation Guidance to Agents of the Division of Community Corrections