Benchbook: Vol. V - Probate, Guardianship, and Mental Health Wisconsin Judicial Benchbook Series
520+ pp.; 5th edition, 2016-17
Develop your case confidently using the same criteria judges use to evaluate it
When you’re preparing a probate, guardianship, or mental health case, you’ll want this volume at your side. It encompasses the multiple aspects of these areas of the law in six major sections. Written by a committee of experienced judges, this Benchbook delivers the essential rules, citations, and commentary in a handy, easy-to-use format.
Cover all your needs
Whatever you face with probate, guardianship, or mental health cases, the Benchbook has you covered:
- Learn conventional probate procedures, as well as probate alternatives, such as the formal termination of a life estate
- Understand basic rules of intestate succession and the modification of trusts
- Find out how protective services and protective placements work in guardianships
- Become familiar with the rules for involuntary and voluntary mental commitments and commitments for alcoholism
- And much more!
New 5th edition
The Benchbook has been newly revised to incorporate the latest legislation and court decisions, including:
- The Wisconsin Digital Property Act (concerning access to and disclosure of a ward’s or decedent’s digital property)
- An act that prohibits inheritance by a parent who abandoned a minor child
- Acts expanding required contents of a petition for guardianship of a minor and creating new basis for cause of action against a guardian
- Wisconsin appellate court rulings involving ordering medication in an involuntary mental commitment case and evaluating the need for a protective placement
Know what to do
With the Benchbook’s easy-to-follow outline format, you’ll have the practical, step-by-step guidance you need to help you represent your clients in probate, guardianship, or mental health cases.
Summary of contents
- Formal Probate Procedure
- Powers and Duties of Personal Representative (Formal Probate)
- Family Rights
- Intestate Succession
- Informal Probate Procedure
- Powers and Duties of Personal Representative (Informal Probate)
- Probate Alternatives/Summary Proceedings
- Powers and Duties of Trustees
- Guardian of Individuals Found Incompetent
- Protective Placement and Services
- Guardianship of Estate of Minor
- Guardianship of Spendthrift
- Power of Attorney for Health Care
- Involuntary Mental Commitments
- Alcohol Commitments
- Criminal Commitments and Transfers
- Voluntary Mental Admissions/Settlements
- Patients' Rights and Records
Don’t get caught unprepared
With this great resource, you’ll know better what to expect in your case and be able to plan your strategies and decide how to proceed through each process. This will help you accurately inform your clients about what they should expect, what options may be available, and how the court may look at specific facets of their case.
Order your copy today!
Order the entire Judicial Benchbook Library!