524+ pp.; 3rd ed. 2016
Build your elder law practice with insights from Wisconsin authorities
Since the laws pertaining to issues that specifically affect older people are complex and dynamic, you need Advising Older Clients and Their Families by your side. Written and reviewed by more than 60 of Wisconsin’s premier elder law attorneys, this is the foremost guide to elder law, specifically developed for Wisconsin practitioners.
This insightful overview of elder law is the perfect guide to turn to when building your elder law practice. You’ll learn about:
- Protecting your clients’ rights and interests
- Ways to foster relationships with your clients
- Handling initial client interviews and billing
Find answers to your critical questions
The guide’s citations to key cases, statutes, and regulations will inform you about the laws affecting the most dynamic areas of elder law practice, including:
- Asset protection
- The ins-and-outs of Social Security benefits
Tons of extras to help you save time and effort
In Advising Older Clients and Their Families you’ll find the practice pointers, tips, charts, forms, and other tools essential to help you build and maintain a successful elder law practice.
New in the 3rd edition
The newly revised third edition incorporates the latest legal and legislative developments, including:
- Extension of Wisconsin’s Family Care program
- A Wisconsin Supreme Court decision on public housing termination in a situation involving drug-related criminal activity
- Availability of Social Security benefits for people currently or formerly in same-sex marriages
- A ruling by the Wisconsin Supreme Court concerning grandparent visitation applications
- Abolishment of the Social Security Administration’s file-and-suspend process for spouses
Summary of contents
Elder Law Practice and Resources
- Overview of Elder Law Practice
- Special Ethical Considerations
- Wisconsin's Elder Support Network
Employment, Housing, and Family
- Grandparents' Rights
Retirement, Social Security, and SSI
- Private Retirement Financing
- Social Security
- SSI and Other Governmental Income Security Programs
Whether you’re just starting an elder law practice and need an introduction, or you’re experienced in elder law and want a quick reference tool, you’ll come to rely on this vital resource.
Order your copy today!