640+ pp.; 8th ed.
Be cool and collected in worker’s comp situations
Handling a worker’s compensation case can be intimidating under the best of circumstances. Ensuring the rights of the employee are protected or enforcing the rights of the employer requires navigating complex processes and regulations. You’ll be well-prepared with the guidance of the Worker’s Compensation Handbook.
With chapters on liability, benefits, penalties, claims, settlement, and appeals, you’ll unlock insightful analysis, hundreds of supporting citations, and information on the policies and workings of the DWD’s Worker’s Compensation Division that will help you successfully advise your clients.
Take advantage of additional materials and forms
Streamline your workflow even further with the four extensive appendices included in the Handbook. You’ll find the Worker’s Compensation Act, more than 30 sample forms, checklists, and charts, and other useful information like effective dates and mileage rates.
Revised to keep you updated
The 2016-17 revision includes the latest legislative developments and court rulings, such as:
- Passage of 2015 Wis. Act 180, amending Wis. Stat. ch. 102
- Amendments to the statute concerning effects of a worker’s drug or alcohol use on benefits payment
- New statute of limitation for claims based on traumatic injury
- Amended statutes dealing with how a worker’s suspension or termination due to misconduct or substantial fault affects temporary disability benefits
- New statutory provision concerning liability apportionment for permanent disability benefits
Summary of contents
- Introduction to Worker's Compensation Practice
- Employment Relationship
- Calculating Wage
- Medical Treatment for Injury
- Disability Benefits
- Death Benefits
III Practice and Procedure
- Review and Appeal
Make your practice more effective
Armed with the detailed information and guidance in the Handbook, you’ll be ready to research any issue in the worker’s compensation law area.
Order your copy today!