640+ pp.; 7th ed. 2013
(Includes 2015-16 supplement)
Be cool and collected in worker’s comp situations
Handling a worker’s compensation case can be intimidating under the best of circumstances. Ensuring the rights of the employee are protected or enforcing the rights of the employer requires navigating complex processes and regulations. You’ll be well-prepared with the guidance of the Worker’s Compensation Handbook.
With chapters on liability, benefits, penalties, claims, settlement, and appeals, you’ll unlock insightful analysis, hundreds of supporting citations, and information on the policies and workings of the DWD’s Worker’s Compensation Division that will help you successfully advise your clients.
Find the worker’s compensation answers you need
Now in its seventh edition (June, 2013), the Handbook provides the fundamentals on worker’s compensation law and practice, and is essential for practitioners of employment, personal injury, or insurance law, and corporate counsel. The Handbook provides the information and insight necessary to make informed decisions. You’ll find helpful answers to key questions, such as:
- How an injured worker becomes entitled to statutory benefits
- How to proceed in an administrative hearing
- What constitutes a prima facie case for defending against claims
Take advantage of additional materials and forms
Streamline your workflow even further with the four extensive appendices included in the Handbook. You’ll find the Worker’s Compensation Act, more than 30 sample forms, checklists, and charts, and other useful information like effective dates and mileage rates.
Stay current with the latest version
You’ll find updates reflecting new court decisions and legislative developments in the 2015-2016 supplement, including:
- Recent reorganization of the DWD’s Worker’s Compensation Division
- A ruling by the Wisconsin Court of Appeals on maximum earnings presumptions
- A court of appeals decision regarding the exclusive remedy provision of the Worker’s Compensation Act
Summary of contents
- Introduction to Worker's Compensation Practice
- Employment Relationship
- Calculating Wage
- Medical Treatment for Injury
- Disability Benefits
- Death Benefits
III Practice and Procedure
- Review and Appeal
Make your practice more effective
Armed with the detailed information and guidance in the Handbook, you’ll be ready to research any issue in the worker’s compensation law area.
Order your copy today!