640+ pp.; 8th ed.
Includes 207-2018 supplement
Be cool and collected in worker’s comp situations
Handling a worker’s compensation case can be intimidating under the best of circumstances. Ensuring the rights of the employee are protected or enforcing the rights of the employer requires navigating complex processes and regulations. You’ll be well-prepared with the guidance of the Worker’s Compensation Handbook.
With chapters on liability, benefits, penalties, claims, settlement, and appeals, you’ll unlock insightful analysis, hundreds of supporting citations, and information on the policies and workings of the DWD’s Worker’s Compensation Division that will help you successfully advise your clients.
Take advantage of additional materials and forms
Streamline your workflow even further with the four extensive appendices included in the Handbook. You’ll find the Worker’s Compensation Act, more than 30 sample forms, checklists, and charts, and other useful information like effective dates and mileage rates.
Revised to keep you updated
The 2017-18 supplement reflects the latest legal developments impacting worker’s compensation law, including:
- A proposal under consideration by the Wisconsin Legislature to create a statutory presumption regarding the diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder in public safety officers
- A Wisconsin Supreme Court decision interpreting the statute governing benefits payment for unnecessary treatment
- Wisconsin Supreme Court and Wisconsin Court of Appeals opinions concerning “substantial fault” and “misconduct”
Summary of contents
- Introduction to Worker's Compensation Practice
- Employment Relationship
- Calculating Wage
- Medical Treatment for Injury
- Disability Benefits
- Death Benefits
III Practice and Procedure
- Review and Appeal
Make your practice more effective
Armed with the detailed information and guidance in the Handbook, you’ll be ready to research any issue in the worker’s compensation law area.
Order your copy today!